Itskeilad is all about making the world a more beautiful place. So what’s more beautiful than being a boss babe and starting your very own nonprofit? You will be making the ultimate commitment toward helping people, pets, the planet or whatever you’re passionate about!
Best of all, you can use the resources below to make sure your nonprofit does the most good.
Legal Setup for a New Nonprofit
You need to be careful as you set up your nonprofit. Otherwise you can run into serious issues.
● First think about structure. The rules are very different for for-profits and nonprofits.
● If your nonprofit can operate as an LLC, consider filing needed forms online.
● Then you need to choose the right tax exemption status for your new organization.
● Be aware that regular reporting and compliance is also part of running a nonprofit.
Board and Volunteer Recruitment
Next on your to-do list is to find people who will ensure your nonprofit makes the most impact.
● Nonprofit organizations are required to have a board of directors from the start.
● Time, talent and treasure are traits you should look for in potential board members.
● Nonprofit success hinges on finding reliable volunteers, so have a plan for this.
● When the time is right, you’ll also want to look into hiring a few paid staff members.
Routine Operations for a 501(c)3
There’s a lot that needs to go on behind the scenes in order for a charity organization to thrive.
● In the nonprofit world, operations refers to fundraising, finance and other tasks.
● Most administrative work will require tech, and you may be able to get tech for less.
● For example, you may be able to find a good donor database within your budget.
● Raising funds will keep your programs going, and there are several ways to do so.
Helping others is so beautiful. Dedicating your time, effort and heart to a nonprofit that’s sole focus is helping others is even more incredible. If you’re a young woman who has a passion for making a difference and leading a team, starting a nonprofit just might be the right move for you. All you need to do is complete a few legal, administrative and recruitment tasks, and then you will be well on your way to changing the world!
You can peruse Itskeilad for more resources and articles that will help you keep things simple and beautiful, and to allow your mind to escape from the clutter of everyday life.
Photo Credit: Unsplash